One Gallon Hydraulic Metering Pump
The PVA-1GPU one-gallon hydraulic metering pump is ideal for dispensing highly abrasive, highly viscous pastes and compounds packaged in one-gallon metal pails. The PVA-1GPU extrudes material from the pail rather than pumping it like a typical reciprocating pump. The extrusion process minimizes shear and maintains material integrity.
The PVA-1GPU operates as a hydraulic press. Material is extruded from the pail as a hydraulic intensifier pump forces a ram and follower plate into the container. An opening in the center of the follower plate allows material to flow out of the pump and into high-pressure material lines to be dispensed.
The PVA-1GPU has many integrated features including:
- Hydraulic RAM pump with follower plate
- Virtually pulseless flow resulting in consistent bead diameter
- Only one moving pump component provides virtually maintenance-free operation
- Low shear resulting in a homogeneous material supply
- Hydraulic process eliminates the possibility of pump cavitation
- Fully pneumatic operation